Our people are at the core of our business and we ensure we reward them for their efforts through a range of staff benefits:
- Training and development opportunities including nationally recognised qualifications
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Rewards and Recognition Program
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted corporate gym membership
- Discounted private health insurance for you and your family
- Paid Charity Leave through our community volunteering program
Current Positions Available
- Industry leader
- Community focused
- Rewarding career opportunity
Canberra Labor Club Limited is now seeking applications for a full time Duty Manager to be a part of our dynamic team.
To be successful in this role and make the move you will:
• Be a great ‘people person’
• Have exceptional leadership skills
• Have high standards of service, inspire others to have the same, and deliver on policies and procedures
• Think on your feet and take responsibility for outcomes
• Manage the day to day operations of a busy venue
• Exceed customer expectations – regularly
• Have a keen eye for detail
• Be willing to work a variety of shifts including weekends, early mornings and overnights
Must hold current RSA and RCG certificates
Canberra Labor Club is seeking applications for a Cafe Manager/Barista to be a part of our dynamic team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring great-tasting, high-quality food is served and exceptional customer service is maintained at all times
- Listening to customer feedback and consistently working to ensure positive customer experiences
• Manage a café team during shift, including training of all café staff
• Ensure daily operations of the café including food preparation and service are in line with food safety standards, WHS and COVID- Safe guidelines at all times
• Work closely with management on the development of innovative café products and services and identify café trends and strategies to retain and attract customers
• Monitor and maintain café equipment and stock control
• Be willing to work a variety of shifts including early mornings and weekends
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a hands on Café Manager
- Excellent Barista skills
• Be highly self-motivated; work independently and under direction
- Positive, happy and smiling – able to build on the great workplace culture and provide exceptional customer service
- An engagedand energetic team player who celebrates shared success and willing to go the extra mile to help the team
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Positive approach to change
- Food Safety qualifications preferred
Bistro Manager- Mia Manna Catering
- Located in an Industry leading venue in the ACT
- Friendly, professional and team focused environment
- A great opportunity to further develop your career
Selections Bistro, located at the Canberra Labor Club in Belconnen, has an emphasis on delicious contemporary food in a modern setting.
Canberra Labor Club in conjunction with our Contract Caterer, Mia Manna Catering is determined to deliver food on a level that consistently surpasses the expectations of all those who dine with us, and as such our caterer is seeking a passionate, energetic leader to manage their restaurant operations.
Reporting to the Executive Chef of Mia Manna Catering your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the bistro operation and service standards are maintained or exceeded
- Ensuring all employees are orientated and trained in accordance with the organisation’s processes and standards
- Communicating effectively to ensure everyone is on the same page regarding specials, up selling targets for the day, promotions and more
- Leading by example to motivate and inspire the team to exceed customer expectations. In exceeding customer expectations this will also involve complaint management and any follow up
- Ensuring the bistro is fully set and always clean
- Maintaining a team approach with the kitchen and service team
- End of shift duties
- Recruitment and rostering of staff in the restaurant
- Up selling and cross selling the businesses products or services wherever appropriate
- Ensuring that all WHS policies and procedures and SOPs are maintained and are adhered to by the team
- Work on a rotating roster including split shifts, nights and weekends
To be successful you must have:
- Proven experience in people leadership and supervision
- Food and Beverage experience with proven attention to detail to create an amazing dining experience
- Comprehensive experience in rostering and managing labour costs
- A commitment to exceptional service delivery
- Track record for achieving results
- Outstanding verbal and non-verbal communication
- Superb planning and organising skills
- A collaborative approach to working with internal stakeholders
- Experience in working under pressure in a fast paced environment
Functions, Events & Marketing Coordinator
About the role
This is a rewarding full time position that requires a responsible, self-managed person who is creative, vibrant, results driven and has a passion for and coordinating functions, meetings, events and marketing activities. The Functions, Events & Marketing Coordinator will coordinate the functions, meetings and events at the Belconnen venue as well as assist the Group Marketing Manager with the day-to-day marketing activities of the club’s marketing strategies including promotions across the Canberra Labor Club Group.
- Overseeing all functions, bookings and events;
- Conduct informative site inspections with potential customers;
- Liaise, support and effectively communicate with all members of the operation team including floor staff and head chef at the function/event;
- Build relationships with clients and develop an understanding of their needs and requirements for a successful function/event-thus, securing repeat business;
- Organise and prioritise work in order to ensure guaranteed response times and deadlines are met;
- Reporting to the Club Manager on a weekly basis regarding the performance of function and events;
- Design and coordinate the production of marketing, communication and promotional material as directed by the Marketing Manager;
- Coordinate promotional activities including creating terms & conditions and submitting permit applications when required;
- Execution, maintenance, overseeing and assessment of promotional activities;
- Manage promotional administration requirements such as, record keeping and prize orders;
- Assist the Marketing Manager to maintain the Club website and social media platforms;
- Assist with relevant market research and data analysis;
- Assist with the ongoing development of the Canberra Labor Club Group brand;
- Support marketing events, community events and exhibitions when required; and
- Other duties as directed from time to time.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Be a ‘people person’ who is confident with proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Be professional, creative and innovative with a strong customer focus;
- High level of both verbal and written communication and the ability to effectively relate and work with a broad range of people in a range of contexts;
- Will be someone who is flexible with an ability to work Tuesday to Saturday;
- Will have previous experience with supervising a function team and working in a multi-department role;
- An understanding of marketing principles preferably in the hospitality environment;
- Tertiary qualifications in business and design principles;
- Strong attention to detail and implementation skills, along with excellent proof reading and editing skills;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications;
- Knowledge of current media and entertainment trends;
- Will be determined in ensuring, that our members receive the best marketing information available and have the ability to self-assess their own work to make sure we achieve this; and
- Must be able to work autonomously.
The “MUST HAVES”
- Tertiary qualifications in Event Management, Marketing or other related field with minimum 2 years’ work experience;
- Knowledge of the club industry including services and products we market and our target audience;
- Experience with managing social media and digital marketing is essential;
- Be proficient in the use of Adobe Suite programs;
- Ability to manage time effectively and mutli-task when required.
Mercure Canberra Belconnen
Casual Food and Beverage Attendants- early morning shifts
- Immediate start
- Fun and friendly environment
- Competitive rates of pay
We are currently seeking vibrant and energetic guest focused Banquet Attendant’s to join our new hotel-Mercure Canberra Belconnen in our breakfast team.
In this role you will:
- Prepare and set up a for our hotel guests dining for breakfast
- Create personalised service for each and every guest by listening to their needs
- Delivering great food & beverages to guests
- Liaise with the kitchen team on any special guest requests
What we are looking for:
- Previous banqueting experience within a hotel environment
- A high level of energy and commitment with a can-do attitude
- Physically fit as lifting and moving tables are a requirement of this role
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Exception personal presentation and grooming standards
- Passionate about providing personalised and friendly service to all of our guests
- A commitment and dedication towards team work by maintain co-operative working relationships with all levels within the hotel
- Flexible availability to work early morning shifts
- ACT Responsible Service of Alcohol (preferred)
Permanent Front Office All Rounder and several Casual Front Office Team Members.
The Mercure Canberra Belconnen is currently recruiting for guest service superstars who will bring their hotel reception experience to assist us with the hotel and ongoing operations. You will be the face of the hotel and a part of the first impression, greeting and assisting our guests, ensuring they enjoy their stay.
The Mercure Canberra Belconnen is a brand new and vibrant hotel in the Belconnen CBD featuring 125 modern, sleek and stylish rooms. The hotel boasts a fully equipped gymnasium and dedicated car parking for hotel guests. The hotel is directly connected to the Canberra Labor Club where our guests have access to dining and entertainment experiences.
You will be part of a great team and fantastic culture at The Mercure Canberra Belconnen. We are looking for team members who will really own the opportunity to be a part of the team, and grow with it.
About the role:
In this role as Front Office All Rounder you will be required to be available across a flexible roster as you will be the first point of contact for our guests to assist them during their stay. You will provide timely responses to all guest requests, answers their queries and offer creative solutions to their needs whilst delivering the highest level of customer service.
- Commitment to working a rotating roster
- Engage with our guests on check in, check out and during their stay
- Recording information to ensure our guests have a seamless guest journey
- Maximize room sales and conversion of enquiries through pro-active sales activity
- Assist in other departments in the Hotel when required.
- Knowledge of OPERAis essential
- Prior experience in Accor reservations and loyalty management systems will be highly regarded
- Experience in a similar role, that you can bring to our dynamic team
- You must be able to deliver an intelligent, sleek, and professional style of service
- A true desire to work, grow and develop in the operations of a 4 Star property,
- You will be a Loyalty Program Champion, ensuring prompt recognition is provided to Accor loyal guests.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with all hotel departments
- Hold a First Aid certificate.
- RSA Certificate is required
- Flexibility to work varied hours as required, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and public holidays.
- Experience in Food and Beverage will be an advantage
- Friendly, outgoing personality and an exceptional standard of personal presentation
To apply for any of our job vacancies, please identify the role you are applying for, and include an updated resume and a one-page pitch to email@example.com.
Please note: the successful applicant must have the right to live and work in this country. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.