Our people are at the core of our business and we ensure we reward them for their efforts through a range of staff benefits:
- Training and development opportunities including nationally recognised qualifications
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Rewards and Recognition Program
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted corporate gym membership
- Discounted private health insurance for you and your family
- Paid Charity Leave through our community volunteering program
Current Positions Available
- Industry leader
- Community focused
- Rewarding career opportunity
Canberra Labor Club Limited is now seeking applications for a full time Duty Manager to be a part of our dynamic team.
To be successful in this role and make the move you will:
• Be a great ‘people person’
• Have exceptional leadership skills
• Have high standards of service, inspire others to have the same, and deliver on policies and procedures
• Think on your feet and take responsibility for outcomes
• Manage the day to day operations of a busy venue
• Exceed customer expectations – regularly
• Have a keen eye for detail
• Be willing to work a variety of shifts including weekends, early mornings and overnights
Must hold current RSA and RCG certificates
Canberra Labor Club is seeking applications for a Cafe Manager/Barista to be a part of our dynamic team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring great-tasting, high-quality food is served and exceptional customer service is maintained at all times
- Listening to customer feedback and consistently working to ensure positive customer experiences
• Manage a café team during shift, including training of all café staff
• Ensure daily operations of the café including food preparation and service are in line with food safety standards, WHS and COVID- Safe guidelines at all times
• Work closely with management on the development of innovative café products and services and identify café trends and strategies to retain and attract customers
• Monitor and maintain café equipment and stock control
• Be willing to work a variety of shifts including early mornings and weekends
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a hands on Café Manager
- Excellent Barista skills
• Be highly self-motivated; work independently and under direction
- Positive, happy and smiling – able to build on the great workplace culture and provide exceptional customer service
- An engagedand energetic team player who celebrates shared success and willing to go the extra mile to help the team
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Positive approach to change
- Food Safety qualifications preferred
Bistro Manager- Mia Manna Catering
- Located in an Industry leading venue in the ACT
- Friendly, professional and team focused environment
- A great opportunity to further develop your career
Selections Bistro, located at the Canberra Labor Club in Belconnen, has an emphasis on delicious contemporary food in a modern setting.
Canberra Labor Club in conjunction with our Contract Caterer, Mia Manna Catering is determined to deliver food on a level that consistently surpasses the expectations of all those who dine with us, and as such our caterer is seeking a passionate, energetic leader to manage their restaurant operations.
Reporting to the Executive Chef of Mia Manna Catering your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the bistro operation and service standards are maintained or exceeded
- Ensuring all employees are orientated and trained in accordance with the organisation’s processes and standards
- Communicating effectively to ensure everyone is on the same page regarding specials, up selling targets for the day, promotions and more
- Leading by example to motivate and inspire the team to exceed customer expectations. In exceeding customer expectations this will also involve complaint management and any follow up
- Ensuring the bistro is fully set and always clean
- Maintaining a team approach with the kitchen and service team
- End of shift duties
- Recruitment and rostering of staff in the restaurant
- Up selling and cross selling the businesses products or services wherever appropriate
- Ensuring that all WHS policies and procedures and SOPs are maintained and are adhered to by the team
- Work on a rotating roster including split shifts, nights and weekends
To be successful you must have:
- Proven experience in people leadership and supervision
- Food and Beverage experience with proven attention to detail to create an amazing dining experience
- Comprehensive experience in rostering and managing labour costs
- A commitment to exceptional service delivery
- Track record for achieving results
- Outstanding verbal and non-verbal communication
- Superb planning and organising skills
- A collaborative approach to working with internal stakeholders
- Experience in working under pressure in a fast paced environment
Mercure Canberra Belconnen
Join the “ACT AHA 2021 Mid- Range Hotel of the Year” Mercure Canberra Belconnen as part of our dynamic leadership team!
We are currently recruiting for a guest service superstar who will bring their hotel reception and management experience to assist us with ongoing operations of our beautiful award winning hotel.
As Duty Manager, you will be the face of the hotel and a part of the first impressions team, welcoming and farewelling our guests ensuring they enjoy their stay.
As a franchise of Accor Hotels, The Mercure Canberra Belconnen is a vibrant hotel in the Belconnen CBD featuring 125 rooms. The Mercure Canberra Belconnen boasts a fully equipped gymnasium, guest lounge and dedicated car parking for hotel guests.
About this role
Reporting to the Rooms Division Manager with regular access to the General Manager, the main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leadership of all team members on shift & functionality within rooms division and management of operations in the absence of Heads of Departments as required
- As a true “Heartist” you will support and action any service recovery process in a prompt and efficient manner and ensure guest feedback is recorded accurately
- Assist reservations team in ensuring hotel specific SOP’s are adhered to
- Actively seek revenue generation leads through reservation calls
- Ensure all accounting practices and processes are achieved per hotel specific SOP’s
- Work closely with Housekeeping, Maintenance and Food and Beverage Supervisors to deliver brand standard rooms, products and services
- Actively contribute towards reaching agreed hotel performance targets and objectives
More about You
- With a minimum of 1 years’ experience you will enrich the creation of ultimate memorable moments for our guests who are at the heart of everything we do- you will be a true HEARTIST!
- You feel excited when all your tasks are completed as you possess excellent time management skills and you are highly organised
- Engaging leadership style that articulates team work while working shoulder to shoulder
- You are a self-motivated person and nothing drives you harder than challenging the process
- Your grooming and personal presentation sets you apart from the herd
- Knowledge of OPERA system and Microsoft Office is an advantage.
- Enjoy working a flexible roster including shift work, weekends and public holidays
You will be part of our dynamic team at The Mercure Canberra Belconnen. We are looking for a Duty Manager who will really own the opportunity to be a part of the team and grow with it. This role is for someone who is going places. Join an internationally recognised brand and make your mark.
If this sounds like your next career move, we want to hear from you! APPLY NOW!
Applications close COB 14 June 2021. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Casual Food and Beverage Attendants- early morning shifts
- Immediate start
- Fun and friendly environment
- Competitive rates of pay
We are currently seeking a vibrant and energetic guest-focused Banquet Attendant’s to join our new hotel-Mercure Canberra Belconnen in our breakfast team.
In this role you will:
- Prepare and set up a for our hotel guests dining for breakfast
- Create personalised service for each and every guest by listening to their needs
- Delivering great food & beverages to guests
- Liaise with the kitchen team on any special guest requests
What we are looking for:
- Previous banqueting experience within a hotel environment
- A high level of energy and commitment with a can-do attitude
- Physically fit as lifting and moving tables are a requirement of this role
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Exception personal presentation and grooming standards
- Passionate about providing personalised and friendly service to all of our guests
- A commitment and dedication towards team work by maintain co-operative working relationships with all levels within the hotel
- Flexible availability to work early morning shifts
- ACT Responsible Service of Alcohol (preferred)
Permanent Front Office All Rounder and several Casual Front Office Team Members.
The Mercure Canberra Belconnen is currently recruiting for guest service superstars who will bring their hotel reception experience to assist us with the hotel and ongoing operations. You will be the face of the hotel and a part of the first impression, greeting and assisting our guests, ensuring they enjoy their stay.
The Mercure Canberra Belconnen is a brand new and vibrant hotel in the Belconnen CBD featuring 125 modern, sleek and stylish rooms. The hotel boasts a fully equipped gymnasium and dedicated car parking for hotel guests. The hotel is directly connected to the Canberra Labor Club where our guests have access to dining and entertainment experiences.
You will be part of a great team and fantastic culture at The Mercure Canberra Belconnen. We are looking for team members who will really own the opportunity to be a part of the team, and grow with it.
About the role:
In this role as Front Office All Rounder you will be required to be available across a flexible roster as you will be the first point of contact for our guests to assist them during their stay. You will provide timely responses to all guest requests, answers their queries and offer creative solutions to their needs whilst delivering the highest level of customer service.
- Commitment to working a rotating roster
- Engage with our guests on check in, check out and during their stay
- Recording information to ensure our guests have a seamless guest journey
- Maximize room sales and conversion of enquiries through pro-active sales activity
- Assist in other departments in the Hotel when required.
- Knowledge of OPERAis essential
- Prior experience in Accor reservations and loyalty management systems will be highly regarded
- Experience in a similar role, that you can bring to our dynamic team
- You must be able to deliver an intelligent, sleek, and professional style of service
- A true desire to work, grow and develop in the operations of a 4 Star property,
- You will be a Loyalty Program Champion, ensuring prompt recognition is provided to Accor loyal guests.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with all hotel departments
- Hold a First Aid certificate.
- RSA Certificate is required
- Flexibility to work varied hours as required, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and public holidays.
- Experience in Food and Beverage will be an advantage
- Friendly, outgoing personality and an exceptional standard of personal presentation
To apply for any of our job vacancies, please identify the role you are applying for, and include an updated resume and a one-page pitch to email@example.com.
Please note: the successful applicant must have the right to live and work in this country. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.